Tuesday 27 March 2012

Why I ♥ Sofia Coppola


“You’re considered superficial and silly if you are interested in fashion, but I think you can be substantial and still be interested in frivolity.” – Sofia Coppola

In case you didn't know her yet, meet this wonderful woman with both (a lot of) beauty and (a lot of) brains : Sophia Coppola!

She is one of the most talented women out there and I simply adore her. Sofia is an American screenwriter, film director, actress and producer, mother of 2 and living in Paris.

Oh, and did I mention: fashionista? Because, believe me she is!
Her taste is just... impeccable, really.
This amazing lady masters the art of simple pieces, worn together to create the perfect laid-back look and a lovely Parisian charm. Minimalistic is the name of the game, but so if comfort, shown through chunky, over-sized sweaters, skinny pants, fresh pumps, and little shift dresses.

Having already worked on a few pieces together during the Venice Film Festival last year, Sofia teams up yet again with Louis Vuitton‘s studio design director Julie De Libran, this time to produce the entire Resort 2012 line.
“I told her I want a new wardrobe,” tells Sofia. “I’m happy to give my opinion of, I wish I could have this or that.” And the collection, with its distinct vintage theme, is all very Sofia. Harking back to the 60s and 70s era, you can see short tunic-cut dresses, navy print pajama pants, high-waisted leather-and-wool quilted skirts, and straight ankle-length pants that all look as if they were pulled out of the director’s own closet.

High on my wishlist is the Sofia Coppola bag!




But her amazing taste, is just one of the many reasons I admire Sofia. Another, and more important one is her enormous talent as film director. There are just no words to describe the way her movies effect me, so I'll just show you:

The Virgin Suicides: one of my all time favorite movies and books. With the beautiful Kirsten Dunst in the lead.




Somewhere. One of the best movies ever, if you ask me.



And good news! Sofia is working on a new movie called 'The Bling Ring' with Emma Watson in the lead, can't wait! :)

So, how about you? Do you guys ♥ Sofia Coppola as much as I do? (;

Daphne


17 comments:

  1. oooh, I love her too!! she's stunning, intelligent, a great actress and many more
    xo,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful woman and a beautiful bag!

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag is gorgeous, love the colour!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post :) Sophia is a woman I am surprised I haven't found more about really, so it's great to read what you've said about her. I feel a little like I've been living under a rock.
    The purse is gorgeous! Wouldn't mind that under my arm ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is the best!!
    I love her work and personal style...she's great in every thing :)

    Lens&anythingElse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, Sofia is the best!! And that bag...♥

    Your blog is really lovely by the way, you're off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really really want to watch that movie now!!! (somewhere). thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm usally not a fan of designer bags but that one is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah I love Sophia! She has been a role model of mine for quite a few years now, so naturally I love this post! By the way, I have only just found your bog so reading for the first time. I'll definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the color of that bag. and yes, she is gorgeous! So happy to have found your cute blog. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. She does have amazing taste. I love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! x